The Motorsport Ireland Rally Academy will host an Elite Co-Driver Selection Process Day to recruit Co-Drivers with the hunger, passion & commitment to further their rallying career. A selection process was to be held from 12.00hrs at the Hodson Bay Hotel, Athlone Sunday 9th January 2022.
However, due to the rapid spread of the Omicron variant of Covid-19 & the uncertainty of everyone being able to travel to Athlone this Sunday, it has been decided to postpone our Elite Co-driver selection process day. The selection day will now take place on Sunday 27th February, Hodson Bay Hotel, Athlone.
Applications will remain open until 12.00 noon on Monday 21st February All applications received to date remain valid.
The selected group of Co-Drivers will receive ongoing support and mentoring in all aspects of Co-Driving from some of Ireland’s most experienced and successful Co-Drivers to help them progress to the pinnacle of the sport.
Interested Co-drivers will have to apply to attend this selection process by completing an application form which is available on the MI website at the bottom of the competitor section under the Competitor Forms tab. The completed forms must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application form must include a working link to some of the applicants’ recent in-car footage. Receipt of applications will be acknowledged by return email.
• Applicants must hold a valid MI competition licence.
• Applicants must be under 26 years of age on 01/01/22.
Selection process itinerary:
• Complete a questionnaire.
• Pacenote writing – Write notes for approx. an 8 – 10km stage.
• Media interview.
• Interview with selection panel.
The selected Co-Drivers will:
• Receive tuition from the Academy in all aspects of Co-Driving.
• Get to make pace notes with a current top level driver & sit in for a test at an MI Academy Development Day in a Rally4 & a Rally2 car.
• Be invited to the MI Rally Academy Development Days to avail of media and fitness guidance etc.
• Receive ongoing mentoring/support.
• Get first option of any opportunities that may come available via our network.
For further information contact:
Greg Shinnors, Sean McHugh (Billy Coleman Coordinator)
087 2691975 087 2798119
Subscribe to get access
Read more of this content when you subscribe today.