Kerry rally cars finally coming out of the sheds – Wexford Albatross Rallysprint preview

It maybe a sign that normality is just around the corner.

Or it could be a case of getting out and doing something before the country enters another lockdown.

Who knows but two Kenmare based rally drivers will see action on Sunday for the first time, and possibly the last time, this year.

Wexford Motor Club will run its new rallysprint event – The Albatross Sprint – on Sunday.

It is the club’s first event since 2019 and the first rally style event in the Republic of Ireland since March 2020.

The event is not open to spectators to comply with current COVID-19 and Motorsport Ireland regulations.

Two Kenmare competitors have entered the event.

It is a long time since time since this car saw rally action

Adrian Randles will compete in his Ford Escort Mk2, his first event since 2013.

“I am only out for the craic and to get the car out of the shed,” he told Kerry Motorsport News.

“We may as well do something.”

Adrian will be co-driven by Alistair Wylie.

Vincent O’Shea is also on the entry list. He will drive his Darrian T9 on the 1.6 Km course, (of which 80% is tarmac/concrete and the other 20% is loose surface) and which is based on the site of the old Albatros industrial complex in New Ross

It will be Vincent’s first outing since the Birr Rally in February 2020, and he has local Mitsubishi Lancer driver Shane McCarthy on the notes.

images-14

Become an official Kerry Motorsport News supporter

Here is your chance to become a supporter of Kerry Motorsport News Keep this important service – (the only county dedicated motorsport news site in Ireland) – on the air. Only €5.00 per month or €50 for a full year (12 months) Just select 1 or 10 in the dropdown menu below thank you!

€5.00

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s